The Mafiq Foundation, in collaboration with the All Dulles Area Muslim Society (ADAMS) Center in Sterling, VA, invites students to compete in the Muslim Youth Hackathon, a remarkable event this year focused on harnessing the power of AI for social good and ethical integrity in the DMV Metropolitan area.
Full program details will be made availble for viewing.
What: A 24-hour design sprint-like event, where students collaborate on innovative
hacks to leverage AI for social good and ethical integrity.
Who: High school (10 th grade and above) and Undergraduate Students
When: August 5-6th, 2023
Where: Dar Al-Taqwa ,Ellicot City, MD
How: Form a team to register by July 30, 2023, by completing the form here.
Or visit: https://tinyurl.com/myhack22
Note: once registered, participants will receive an invite. *Limited to 75 participants to
allow for meaningful interaction*.
- A mentor will be assigned to each team (gender separated, 3 to 5 members per
team) to develop an innovative solution or a product on social good using
commonly used technology tools and techniques that do not require coding and
- The problem statement that you’ll be working can be picked from any of the two categories which can be found here.
- Three winners will be selected for cash awards (up to $500) in each category
based on the originality, feasibility, execution, and sustainability.
- Workshops for both, advanced as well as novice, students are scheduled over
the duration of the event and some virtual sessions as well prior to the event to
help you learn tools and techniques to transform your ideas into real apps and or
- Your mentor will guide you what workshops to pick and which tools to use in
support of your project goal.
- A platform to learn new skills, meet new people, and use technology to unlock
new possibilities and creativity in an inclusive environment!
- An opportunity to foster creativity, promote social awareness and networking, as
well as strengthen their soft skills such as communication, leadership, and
- Workshop information to be posted soon.
Call MY Hack home, no matter wherever you are!
To submit your project for the hackathon you must provide the following:
- A short description describing your project
- A pitch deck of no more than 10 slides describing the problem, the target audience and your solution. You may also include any research or statistics you found that describe the problem you are trying to solve.
- A recorded video presentation of your slideshow and demo of your project if applicable.
- All projects will be submitted directly to DevPost.
- A link to your github repository where your code is stored if applicable
$500 in prizes
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you: